What is Prostate Laser Surgery?
Prostate Laser Surgery
This can become very uncomfortable for men who reach that age; however, the solution can be found in the modern tools we use to treat such conditions.
Apart from the medical treatments, minimally invasive procedures are available in order to provide the best management approach for benign prostate conditions including Prostate Laser Surgery. Those type of surgeries are very efficient in relieving the symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
Types of Minimally invasive Prostate (BPH) Surgery
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat prostate enlargement. Although many techniques have emerged during the past few years, it is still considered the main procedure for patients suffering from BPH. During this type of surgery, the patient is put under general or spinal anesthesia and a resectoscope is inserted into the urethra until it reached the enlarged prostate gland. This instrument contains a microscope with a light and cuts off the extra tissue around the gland until the urethra is no longer restricted. The procedure takes about 30 to 60 minutes depending on the prostate size and expertise of the surgeon.
TURP is generally considered an option for men with moderate to severe urinary problems that haven't responded to medication.
Green Light Laser
Greenlight prostate laser surgery is another solution for patients requiring symptom relief secondary to BPH. It also provides the essential advantage of performing the procedure while the patient is on blood thinners like anti-platelets and anticoagulants. In many cases, stopping such drugs puts the patient at significant medical risks. Using this technology, eliminates such risks by allowing the surgeon to perform the procedure without stopping those drugs.
This type of procedure uses laser light technology to heat up the blood stream and vaporize the overpopulated cells around the prostate gland. There are many other benefits when using this type of surgery such as minimal bleeding, short recovery period and possible preservation of antegrade ejaculation.
What kind of operations can be performed using Prostate Laser Surgery?
There is now hope for patients suffering from certain medical conditions that require intricate and delicate surgery. The answer lies with Prostate Laser Surgery. This method can be used on a wide range of surgeries. In the field of urology, almost any procedure can be carried using his minimally invasive technique if performed by the adequate experts including: Laparoscopic nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy (removal of an entire kidney or part of the kidney), laparoscopic prolapse correction (for bladder, uterus and rectal prolapse), laparoscopic prostatectomy (removal of prostate), laparoscopic pudendal nerve release (for chronic pelvic pain) and much more.
What are the benefits of Prostate Laser Surgery for patients?
Since this type of operation involves less cutting, patients can benefit from many advantages such as smaller scars, less pain, quicker healing period, lower degrees of internal scarring, and much more. For example, if a patient undergoes open major surgery, recovery period might take between 4-8 weeks. With laparoscopic surgery, the recovery period is shortened to around 1 week. This is good news for every person in need of such procedures!
- Robotic surgery
- Robotic technology allows the surgeon to perform through the robot very precise and meticulous gestures with utmost accuracy; thus leading to excellent functional outcomes and very quick recovery as no painful incisions are made.Read More
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery allows the surgeon to perform complex surgeries through small incisions. Recovery is very quick and with minimal pain as tiny incisions are being made. Very minimal scarring and quite esthetic.Read More
- Prostate Laser surgery
- Laser surgery for the prostate is a revolution that allows us to perform surgeries to the prostate while the patient is on blood thinners without the need to stop them, especially in patients who need to be continuously on such drugs like Aspirin, Plavix and Sintrom etc.Read More
- Stone Laser surgery
- Laser surgery for kidney stones errodicates the need to perform painful incisions in order to remove kidney stones and gives the advantage of being very accurate and incision free in most cases.Read More
- Weight loss Clinic
- Excess weight is associated with many comorbid conditions, such as heart disease, cholesterol imbalances, diabetes and the Metabolic Syndrome..Read More
- Diabetes Care
- Worldwide, diabetes is on the rise, majorly due to an unhealthy lifestyle as well as predisposing factors.Read More